A Canberra public servant accused of violently sexually assaulting women he met on dating websites has been released on bail.
Adrian Nathaniel Andrews, 33, was accused of attacking two women at his Barton apartment in separate incidents in November and December 2015.
It was alleged one of the sexual assaults left a woman badly injured and bleeding.
He also previously represented Australia in dragon boating and had competed as a boxer.
On Wednesday the court heard police had seized a mobile phone during a search of Andrews' home that indicated there may be other witnesses or potential victims.
They also said blood drips and smears were found on a lounge in the apartment where the incident allegedly occurred and on the floor leading to the bathroom.
Police are still waiting for the results of a DNA test by forensic investigators.
They said they were yet to search his vehicle or his workplace in the hope of finding another mobile phone and a laptop.
A police informant told the court they were concerned Andrews might interfere with the investigation or reoffend if released on bail."The complainants have expressed to me quite sincerely that they're terrified of the defendant given the violent nature of the alleged incidents," she said."They're worried he might find out where they live." But Andrews' lawyer argued he had no history of failing to comply with bail conditions, failing to appear before the court or breaching apprehended violence orders.
Andrews' mother, stepfather and sister were at the court today and offered a surety for his release.
He was granted bail with strict conditions that included not using the internet.
The matter is expected to return to court in March.
Have you convinced yourself that there are no other single people around you? There aren’t many of you there, it may seem at times.
Yes, we understand how difficult it can be to be a single person in Canberra.