1870’s custom-made reliquary cabinet in Neo-Classical style decorated with inlaid wood veneer and containing behind the front panel a small glass-fronted altar of twenty two precious relics.The thecae are hanging on a background of red velvet and centered around a crystal stauroteka with a precious ex lingo relics of the True Cross of Jesus Christ.
Please download the PDF file for additional information about this item first class relic of Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra surrounded by relics of four saints: Saint Benedict of Nursia, Saint Honoratus bishop of Arles, Saint Amator bishop of Auxerre, and Saint Secunda.
The reliquary cabinet is secured by a perfectly preserved seal of red Spanish wax with an inprint of a coat of arms of Bishop Colonna, Prince Assistant to the Papal Throne.
Reliquary: 89 cm high by 32 cm wide (35 in x 12 ½ in), relic of St. 40 mm Please download the PDF file for additional information about this item relic of Saint Joseph.
Sublime mid-20th century custom-made bronze reliquary cabinet held by two kneeling angels and decorated instricate chased ornamentation.
It contains ten precios thecae: The front panel contains seven thecae centered around ornate silver theca with relics of of Saint Joseph.
Other thecae contain relics of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Saint John of the Cross, Saint Teresa of Ávila, Saint Maria Goretti, Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort, and Saint Catherine Labouré.The front panel opens up revealing three additional thecae: a large 18th century multi-relic theca with 18 precious relics centered around particles of the True Cross and including significant relics of martyrs Saint Theodore and Saint Fabian; and two thecae containing Christogram and a frontal image of a cherub.The reliquary houses unusually large particles of the True Cross, contained in a roseated cavity.The carving is positive on both sides, taking advantage of the refractive qualities of the material.The reliquary comprises two carved pieces of rock crystal, which have been bound together and sealed in a brass frame, secured in by a wire terminated in a seal capsule affixed over the top of the reliquary.The seal capsule, contains a perfectly preserved seal with coat of arms of Bishop Jacobus Cornelius Meeuwissen which matches the authentics document issued in Suriname in 1912 and personally signed by Bishop Meeuwissen in a capacity of Apostolic Vicar of Surinam bearing his coat of arms and an imprint of his personal seal.